*We have updated our outdoor noise blocking products since this article was written. Please see our more recent post here!
As it gets warmer and people emerge from their winter hibernation into the summer sun noise always becomes an issue, especially when it comes to backyard noise in neighborhoods.
The source of the can be cookouts, pools, college students, young children, day care or a host of other things, and there is always two sides to the issue. You’re either the person making the noise, which is your right in your own backyard, or the person seeking some peace and quiet, which is also your right in your own backyard.
No matter what side you reside on, we recommend a noise fence. Also referred to as a soundproof fence, these sound barriers absorb noise and block it from transferring between properties.
Specifically, our most residential-looking and affordable product is the AcoustiWood noise fence. This fence system is sold by the panel in three standard sizes, making retrofits to existing structures easy and cost-effective while still allowing for the panels themselves to act as the only barrier.
A variety of finishes can be applied to the AcoustiWood™ system, including “dog ear” fencing, stucco, vinyl, metals, and lattice. The unique ability to integrate several finishes to the wall system makes the AcoustiWood™ system ideally suited for use in locations such as residential development and commercial areas, where design-specific regulations exist.
Features and Benefits:
- Panels can be attached to existing fences or screen walls and finished in a number of ways, including “dog ear”, lattice, vinyl, metal, or stucco.
- AcoustiWood™ reduces noise from commercial and residential HVAC equipment, chillers, pool pumps, industrial machinery, transformers, kennels, construction operations, and roadways. It can also be easily made into temporary barriers for either short or long term projects
- Panels are lightweight: Unfinished panel weight starts as low as 3.25 lbs. psf.
- The system’s low weight and easy installation lower costs, and the simple straight forward design allows for easy repair and replacement if needed.
- Preliminary field test results show reductions of as much as 26 dBa with excellent results in the lower frequency range usually only found in high priced systems! Panels can be reconfigured to meet higher or lower STC requirements.